UPDATE: BioShock Infinite sold 878,000 units on console during the month, analyst firm Cowen announced. This figure does not include digital sales – on Steam, for example.
Bioshock Infinite overtook Tomb Raider as the best-selling game of March 2013 in a NPD report and following up in third and fourth Gears of War and God of War.
NPD only tracks physical sales, so digital sales of games like BioShock Infinite don’t show up. So if you are buying games on the PC and download the games only you aren’t helping in these figures.
The full top 10 list for physical March sales is as follows:
- Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Tomb Raider (360, PS3)
- Gears of War: Judgment (360)
- God of War: Ascension (PS3)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- MLB 13: The Show (PS3, PSV)
- NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, WII, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (360, PS3, Wii U)
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (360, PS3)